10 Life Hacks from Kievdelivery Florists
Professional florists know how to choose and store flowers correctly so that they retain their presentation and delight customers with freshness, beauty, and pleasant fragrance for a long time. The specialists with whom Kievdelivery cooperates named 10 universal life hacks for beginners in this field and those who want to be confident in the quality of services for the sale and delivery of bouquets.
1. Choice of flowers when purchasing
The key to a beautiful composition is fresh, high-quality buds, so the choice of suppliers must be approached with all responsibility. Flowers are usually purchased in two ways: manually at the base or online. To determine the quality of the goods, Kievdelivery specialists are guided by the following rules:
- The buds should creak slightly with slight squeezing and be half-open. Then the buyer will be able to observe the transformation of the bouquet when the flowers open.
- Choose straight stems. They allow moisture to pass through better and are more convenient to work with when creating a composition.
- Leaves on fresh flowers are always firm, smooth, and rich in color. If they are easy to bend, they will quickly return to their original shape.
- The cut should not be dry or rotten.
Any spots and darkening indicate the staleness of the plant. Florists advise heeding the above tips when ordering flower arrangements in Kyiv, Dnipro, Kharkiv, Lviv, and other cities of Ukraine at retail outlets.
2. Use of quality tools and materials at hand
3. Primary flower processing
4. Retaining or unpacking
5. Selection of containers for flowers
Each species should be in a separate vase. This criterion allows the naked eye to assess the conditions in which flowers are kept for the sale and delivery of bouquets in specialized companies. When choosing a container, consider the characteristics of plants:
- Long flowers, like elite roses and royal lilies, feel better in pillar vases.
- Low tulips, roses, peonies prefer containers with a wide neck and bottom in combination with a narrow middle.
- Several flowers with thin stems can be placed in a narrow tall vase.
- Large bouquets with oversized buds are usually placed in rectangular containers.
- Primroses and miniature plants with fleshy stems can be placed in a small round vase.
For storing flowers in the refrigerator, florists often choose long column vases or hourglass containers.
6. Freshness and quality of waterAfter cutting from the mother bush, the water balance in the flower, the process of growth and development, is disturbed. Companies providing flower delivery services in Ukraine minimize the consequences of these natural processes, therefore they are especially concerned about the quality of the environment for storing plants:
- Every two to three days, the vases are cleaned with disinfectants and filled with fresh water with supplements.
- In order not to disturb the water balance of the flower, the cut is regularly updated.
7. Compliance with temperature conditionsFor storing flowers, refrigerators or monoblock cooling devices are usually used. Florists, with whom our company works to deliver flowers as a gift, place plants in special units. They maintain the temperature at + 5-10 ° C. This mode allows you to preserve the freshness of both bulbous spring flowers, which prefer temperatures from 5 ° C, and summer species, for which conditions are optimal above 8 ° C.
8. Arrangement of the bouquet before deliveryPlacing different types of flowers in a separate vase eliminates competition between species and allows you to create the necessary conditions for their storage. For the same reason, Kievdelivery florists do not store bouquets ready-made but form them immediately before shipment.
9. Pre-sale preparation of flowersPlants that have been stored in the refrigerator by the dry method must be given a drink before being sent to the client. To do this, the cut is updated, and the stems are placed in cool water for at least two hours. The flowers that were kept in a vase of water are formed into bouquets with the removal of excess foliage and thorns. In this case, the specialists trim the stems just before shipment.
10. Compliance with the rules of transportation of flower arrangementsDelivery of bouquets throughout Ukraine must be carried out in compliance with all-temperature regimes and conditions for safe transportation of plants. We transport flowers in an air-conditioned vehicle, so the risk of hypothermia or overheating is minimal. The packaging of the composition plays not only a decorative role but also protects the flowers from external damage. Taking into account the considered tips, you can not only choose and store bouquets correctly at home. These life hacks will help determine the quality of services of floristic firms and order flowers in any city of Ukraine. Choose fresh compositions created by caring Kievdelivery florists, so that the gift will remind your loved ones for a long time about your tender feelings.